Friday, September 21, 2007

A Storm's a comin'

Well, today, September 21, 2007, I woke up at 6 am, as usual. I take my medication and make breakfast for my mom, all before dawn, and still dark outside. I leave the house, with only my backpack and some money for lunch and my cellphone. I get to the bus stop at 6:27, and wait for the next bus to come. It's dawn, the sky transfers into the dawn, with one side to the west still night and to the east, a dark baby blue. My bus arrives, with the sun still awakening, and the night sky fleeing.
The arriving storm

I arrive at school at 6:49 am, watching the sky, as only now does the sunlight hit the clouds, but not the buildings. I see a sky like a sunset, except there is something that I haven't seen since last year, and only once have I seen this, a rainbow. Walking up the hill to 6th street, watching the rainbow form starting at the ocean and arriving only at the clouds. I immediately said to my self, "Where's me pot of gold?"
A Rainbow

I get to the music room, and the rainbow disappeared into the clouds.
The school day starts, with half the sky cloud covered to the west and sunny sky to the east. It appeared to have passed by lunch.
During my last period of the day, I arrive in the best room that has the best view of the Santa Monica Bay, and notice that all to the west, there is nothing but stormy skies, clearly a storm is coming. I watch the flagpoles as the flags of California and the United States of America flag are violently flapping as the winds reach at 40 miles per hour.
The storm from my classroom


Today is the day of our school's football game against our rival, Venice High School. I hope that this game will be good.

1 comment:

Ms. Alison Kennedy said...

Great photos - did you take them on Friday?

One of the memories that I cherish from Ohio is the dark, rumbling thunderstorms that take over the landscape...Friday took me back home and made me happy :)